- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are tiny strings of text which websites visited send to the User’s terminal (usually the web browser), where they are memorised and subsequently retransmitted to the same website the next time the User visits.
The term cookie refers to cookies themselves and all similar technologies.
Cookies are used to access online services more rapidly and to improve the User’s navigation experience by monitoring sessions, memorising Users’ information, loading content faster etc.
- TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies may be:
First-party cookies: these are cookies owned and used by the Website, which allow Users to navigate more efficiently and/or to monitor their activity; Third-party cookies: these are cookies set by a different website to the one being visited, to allow Users to navigate more efficiently and/or to monitor their activity.
Furthermore, there are different types of cookies:
- Technical and Analytical Cookies:these are cookies related to activities which are strictly necessary for the function of the website and the delivery of services (e.g. session cookies for login), cookies used for the saving of preferences and optimisation (e.g. cookies that save the basket or the choice of language/currency etc), analytical cookies which collect information in anonymous, aggregated form.
Technical cookies include:
- Session or Navigation Cookies: these are used to track the User’s online activity. They guarantee normal navigation and use of the Website, for example by allowing faster navigation, purchases or authentication for access to reserved areas, and they are necessary for the correct functioning of the site.
- Functional Cookies: these allow the User to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (e.g. language, products chosen etc), in order to improve the service provided;
- Analytical Cookies: these are used to collect information about use of the Website. The Data Controller uses such information for statistical analysis, to improve the Website and to simplify its use, as well as to monitor its correct functioning. This type of cookie collects anonymous information about Users’ activity on the Website, the ways in which they arrived at the Website and pages visited. Cookies in this category are sent by the Website itself or by third-party domains. Analytical cookies may be:
- First-party analytical cookies: these are governed by the regulations for technical cookies when used directly by the owner of the Website without carrying out User profiling but solely to acquire anonymous aggregate information regarding the number of Users and the way in which they visit the Website for statistical purposes or to improve the Website;
- Third-party analytical cookies: these are made available by third parties and are treated as technical cookies if the third parties do not carry out User profiling, by the use of instruments which reduce the identifying potential of cookies (e.g. by masking a considerable portion of the IP address) and do not cross-reference data collected with other data already held.
- Profiling Cookies: these are used to monitor Users’ web browsing and create a profile of their habits:
- First-party profiling cookies: these are installed by the Controller to create a User profile in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown during web browsing. Since these cookies are particularly invasive of the User’s private sphere, current legislation requires the User to be provided with appropriate information regarding their use, and to give consent.
- Use of these cookies requires prior consent by the User.
- INSTALLED COOKIES
Cookies used on this website are:
- technical and analytical cookies necessary for the functioning of the Website, for aggregated statistical analysis, to simplify and improve use of the Website and to save navigation preferences and optimise the User’s experience;
- third-party cookies which may carry out User tracking and profiling even without the Controller’s knowledge. For more information, Users are advised to carefully read the privacy policies of the individual services listed below.
Below is a list of the third-party cookies present on this Website:
- Google Analytics with anonymised IP
For further information, consult https://policies.google.com/privacy
- DURATION OF COOKIES
The duration of cookies is dictated by their expiry date or by a specific action such as closing the browser used when they were installed. Cookies may be:
- temporary or session: these are used to store temporary information and allow actions carried out during a specific session to be linked; they are removed by the computer when the browser is closed;
- persistent: these are used to archive information, for example username and password, so that the User does not have to enter these every time they visit a specific website. These cookies are memorised by the computer even after the browser is closed.
Users can change their preferences at any time.
- DECLARATION OF CONSENT
Consent may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Users can manage their cookie preferences directly from their browser and prevent third parties from installing cookies.
Furthermore, using the browser settings it is possible to remove cookies installed in the past, including any cookies which may have saved the User’s consent to the installation of cookies by this Website. If all cookies are disabled, the function of this Website may be compromised.
Users can find information and exercise their right to object to tracking cookies in their browser at the following addresses:
Users can also delete cookies by requesting an opt-out directly from third parties via the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/, which allows them to manage tracking preferences from most advertising tools.
To manage settings for Flash cookies, click on the following link www.macromedia.com.
- Rights of the User
Users may exercise certain rights regarding Personal Data pertaining to them and processed by the Data Controller. Specifically, the User has the right to:
- withdraw consent at any time;
- object to the processing of their Personal Data;
- access their Data;
- verify and request correction;
- obtain a limitation on processing;
- obtain the deletion or removal of their Personal Data;
- receive their Personal Data or transfer it to another Data Controller;
- make a compliant to the Data Protection authority and/or take legal action.
To exercise their rights, Users should address their request to the addresses of the Data Controller indicated in this document. Requests are made free of charge and handled by the Data Controller as quickly as possible and in any case within a period not exceeding 30 days.
To exercise these rights, write to the Data Controller, GEMMINDUSTRIA GAIA FERRANDO SRL , VIA ANDREA SOLARI 11, 20144 MILAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about data processing can be found at the following link www.utopia-jewels/privacypolicy.
Latest update: 09/07/2021